Premium performance begins with the most advanced handheld XRF technology available, led by a 55 kV X-ray tube for extra low detection limits on key elements like Ag, Cd, Sn, Sb and Ba. Up to three automated beam settings provide optimal performance across the entire periodic table from Mg to U. All in a rugged instrument with state-of-the-art software and outstanding thermal dissipation.
SciAps X-500 Series are the lightest XRF analyzers ever made, weighing in at just under 3 lbs. with the battery. The durable aerospace-grade aluminum frame passes the Oops Test and the falling-from-a-35-foot-tower test. Redesigned housing with improved heat dissipation allows for high throughput testing that our customers demand. The narrow, slender form factor accesses the toughest test locations, with a 2.7″ display for rear viewing of grade and chemistry. No compromises — enjoy small size, blazing speed and high precision in a perfectly balanced device. Download the specifications.
- Weight : 2.8 lbs. with battery
- Dimensions : 7.25″ x 10.5″ x 4.5″
- Power : On board rechargeable Li-ion battery, rechargeable inside device or with external charger, AC power, hot-swap capability (60s max swap time).
- Display : 2.7-inch color capacitive touchscreen — 400 MHz Qualcomm Adreno 306 2D/3D graphics accelerator.
- Comms/Data Transfer : Wifi, Bluetooth, USB connectivity to most devices, including SciAps ProfileBuilder PC software.
- Security : Password protected usage (user level) and internal settings (admin).
- Regulatory : CE, RoHS, USFDA registered, Canada RED Act.
- Excitation Source : 55 kV, 200 uA, Au anode
- Detector : 20 mm2 silicon drift detector (active area), 140 eV resolution FWHM at 5.95 Mn K-alpha line.
- X-Ray Filtering : 4 position filter wheel for beam optimization.
- Processing Electronics and Host Processing : 1.2GHz quad ARM Cortex A53 64/32-bit, RAM: 2GB LP-DDR3, Storage: 16 GB eMMC (storage).
- Pulse Processor : 12 bit with digitization rate of 80 MSPS 8K channel MCA USB 2.0 for high-speed data transfer to host processor. Digital filtering implemented in FPGA for high throughput pulse processing 20 nS – 24 uS peaking time.
- Environmental Temp. Range : 10°F to 130°F at 25% duty cycle.
- Calibration : Fundamental parameters. For Geochem and Environmental Soil apps, users may also choose “Compton Normalization” method and/or use empirically derived calibrations.
- Calibration Check : External 316 stainless check standard for calibration verification and energy scale validation.
- Analytical Range : 32 elements standard, specific elements vary by app. Additional elements may be added upon user request.
- Available Apps : Geochem (Mining), Empirical, Environmental apps. New apps are added regularly.
Best-in-class light element performance for ultra low detection limits of elements like Mg, Al, Si, P and S, while also packing enough power to achieve impressive precision on heavy elements like pathfinders Ag, Sn, Sb, and rare earth elements. Read more.
Appropriate filtering to optimize sensitivity — 2x better analysis of cadmium detection than any other XRF! Packs the industry’s most powerful X-ray tube for superior limits of detection—especially for cadmium, silver, tin, antimony and barium. When combined with the new Z-901 Beryllium, get 13 EPA Priority Pollutant Metals. Operators can upgrade the Z-901 Lithium to include lithium, boron, carbon, nitrogen, fluorine, and sodium in their tests, too. Read more.
Next-generation connectivity, test data management and reporting for the full range of compliance testing applications, including RoHS, Halogen Free, CPSIA, and lead paint in children’s playgrounds. State-of-the-art data management incorporated into a flexible Android system allows for the greatest customization and data management capabilities. Read more.
EV/REE and Strategic Metals
The 55 kV operation, rather than the industry typical 50 kV, delivers higher performance for critical “light” REEs and some “heavy” REEs, making it a superior option for REE analysis globally.