The SciAps X-550 sets a new standard of performance for a portable X-ray fluorescence analyzer, never before achieved, in the areas of Non Destructive Testing (NDT), material control, and alloy grade identification ( Positive Material Identification or PMI).
Weighing 1.27 kg with its battery, it is the lightest, fastest and most efficient portable X-ray fluorescence analyzer ever. It offers incredibly compact size, breathtaking speed and the high accuracy of the SciAps X series in a perfectly balanced device. Fast on all alloys, including aluminum (in 2 seconds), it is optimized for light element measurement applications, but also:
- Sulphidic corrosion, sulphurization (low Si content)
- Accelerated Flow Corrosion (FAC)
- Contamination with mercury (Hg), phosphorus (P) and sulfur (S)
- Analysis of residual elements (Cr, Cu, Ni, Mo, V, Ti) according to API 751 and 5L specifications
- Micro Alloyed steels with additions of Nb, V, Ti, Al …
The X-550 covers all application areas of the XRF dedicated to NDT and corrosion study.
- Allows identification of most alloys (PMI) in 1 second with excellent accuracy.
Some CND or PMI applications require longer analyzes. Our Android platform allows you to simply choose preconfigured and dedicated applications: Residual Analysis (API 751), Sulphate Corrosion (API 939), API 5L and many other types of analysis.
- Designed for CND and PMI operators, its ultra-small size gives it access to the most difficult areas of analysis and welds.
Perfectly balanced, lightweight and ergonomic, its small footprint and very fine shape allow it full access to the narrowest analysis areas, including welds.
- Its powerful miniaturized X-ray tube excels in the analysis of light (low atomic number) elements such as Si, P, S, Mg and Al.
Combined with a fully optimized internal geometry, it allows for fast and accurate results, even on previously difficult elements, for a variety of verification tasks of the most complicated alloy grades.
- Connectivity and Android
The X Series is built on Google’s Android platform for real-time data export anywhere on the planet. The user interface looks like a smartphone. The results are easily visualizable on a dynamic and reversible day / night screen for all lighting conditions. Built-in WIFI, Bluetooth, GPS and USB allow users to print and send e-mails from the X-550 and connect to virtually any information management system for perfect traceability of analysis data and a generation of simple and effective reports.
- Need carbon?
For users who also need to measure carbon in low-alloy steels, stainless steels and cast iron, SciAps manufactures the Z-200 C +, the only portable laser system in the world (LIBS) capable of measuring carbon content low enough to easily separate L and H grade stainless steels
The SciAps Z-200 C + is now globally accepted for this application with nearly 1,000 units delivered. The Z-200 C + also analyzes beryllium, boron and lithium in alloys. Available in the same case with shared accessories (One-Box), the X and Z offer optimal and unique performance for virtually all alloys and components, making it the ideal toolbox for a CND operator.
- Weight : 2.8 lbs. with battery
- Dimensions : 7.25″ x 10.5″ x 4.5″
- Power : On board rechargeable Li-ion battery, rechargeable inside device or with external charger, AC power, hot-swap capability (60s max swap time).
- Display : 2.7-inch color capacitive touchscreen — 400 MHz Qualcomm Adreno 306 2D/3D graphics accelerator.
- Comms/Data Transfer : Wifi, Bluetooth, USB connectivity to most devices, including SciAps ProfileBuilder PC software.
- Security : Password protected usage (user level) and internal settings (admin).
- Regulatory : CE, RoHS, USFDA registered, Canada RED Act.
- Excitation Source : 40 kV, 200 uA Rh anode and 10kV, 500 uA for alloy testing, 50 kV, 200 uA Au anode for most other apps.
- Detector : 20 mm2 silicon drift detector (active area), 140 eV resolution FWHM at 5.95 Mn K-alpha line.
- X-Ray Filtering : 4 position filter wheel for beam optimization.
- Processing Electronics and Host Processing : 1.2GHz quad ARM Cortex A53 64/32-bit, RAM: 2GB LP-DDR3, Storage: 16 GB eMMC (storage).
- Pulse Processor : 12 bit with digitization rate of 80 MSPS 8K channel MCA USB 2.0 for high-speed data transfer to host processor. Digital filtering implemented in FPGA for high throughput pulse processing 20 nS – 24 uS peaking time.
- Environmental Temp. Range : 10°F to 130°F at 25% duty cycle.
- Calibration : Fundamental parameters. For Geochem and Environmental Soil apps, users may also choose “Compton Normalization” method and/or use empirically derived calibrations.
- Calibration Check : External 316 stainless check standard for calibration verification and energy scale validation.
- Analytical Range : 32 elements standard, specific elements vary by app. Additional elements may be added upon user request.
- Available Apps : Alloy, Geochem (Mining), Empirical, Environmental apps. New apps are added regularly.
- Grade Library : Standard library contains 500+ grades, no practical size limit. Multiple libraries supported, grades may be added on analyzer or via PC software package (ProfileBuilder).
- Non Destructive Testing (NDT)
- Positive Material Identification (PMI)
- Quality Control
- Corrosion study